What is the point in staying pure? I keep asking myself this question... Is it just because God told me to? Well, I guess that can be a Sunday-school answer. Matthew tells us that "the pure in heart will see God." What is the big deal about purity though? I feel like God's answer to me is this:
You are made for something so much bigger and deeper than these lesser pleasures. I created you for the purpose of intimacy with Me. I placed those desires in you so that one day, you would invite me in to satisfy them. When you reject what I offer and indulge in worldly sins, you reject Me. You desensitize your heart and fill it with so much garbage to the point that nothing good is able to enter (or come out!). You believe that the pleasures the world has to offer will some how satisfy your deepest longings, yet what you do not see is the end of that path- destruction and pain.
Those who seek Me with a pure heart will find me.
Purity allows me to see God clearly, without corruption. Purity is what marks us as followers of Christ; we are not of the world, set apart- holy. I can fellowship with God in the holy of holies, because He called me for the very purpose of being pure and whole before Him.
Purity is worth pursuing.
"If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honorable use. Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work. Run form anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts." - 2 Tim. 2:21, 22
No comments:
Post a Comment